In an effort to help institutions plan ahead and streamline the asset management and surplus property
disposition process Shattuck LLC
introduced the E-Surplus website as an online asset planning portal.
Any client can, at no cost, can post current inventory and surplus property to this site to be made
available within its own facility or to other eligible persons for a designated period of time.
This property is posted online, but there is no mechanism for the public to place bids.
However, instructions on contacting the owner are included in the listing if an agency or an affiliate
is interested in an item posted on e-surplus. The donating/selling agency also sets the duration of time
that the property must be made available. Each item posted has a dynamic timer showing the remaining time
available in which it can be transferred. Items posted on this portion do not have to be sold or transferred.
If any property is not claimed before the E-Surplus timer reaches zero, that item automatically migrates
to our online auction site at www.slapsale.com and bids
can be placed on the item(s) by the public and is ultimately sold.
Shattuck furnishes all auction reporting and
data from each online auction including lot numbers, descriptions, bid histories, sale prices,
winning bidder name, address, telephone number and email address. If requested by the seller prior to the
auction Shattuck can also provide a Bill
of Sale transferring ownership from seller to buyer.
Shattuck developed E-Surplus.com compliance and
property re-distribution portal in response to requests from its clients that their surplus property
inventory have its own website to advertise available items within their own institution for re-use.
This online portal streamlines the surplus property sale and disposal process because items posted as
available for re-distribution are timed, and those items not claimed by the deadline automatically
migrate to Shattuck’s online auction site where they become public auctions open for bidding.
- Ensures compliance with Federal, state, and local regulations regarding the posting and availability of surplus property.
- Departments interested in transferring surplus property to their department can only use email contact form on website to communicate with facility’s designated property manager.
- Any surplus property claimed can be removed from E-Surplus by the facility or by the auctioneers.
- Items posted for redistribution on e-surplus are NOT required to go to auction if not claimed for reutilization. That determination is up to the owner.
- This is a free, optional service available to all clients of Shattuck & Associates Auctioneers. You decide which items, if any, to post to E-Surplus.com.